We believe in things that last, and want to help your products look good for as long as possible.
How to care for your merino wool products?
Merino needs far less washing compared to cotton and synthetic fabrics. Often simply hanging your Merino garment outside on the line for a few hours is enough for it to refresh and renew. This is because it breathes better than any other material and is naturally antibacterial and odor resistant.
Regular airing of your Baby in Merino Sleep Sacks will keep it fresh. When you do wash your garments, always be sure to follow the instructions on the label.
- Use environmentally friendly detergent. Wash wool preferably by hand in lukewarm water or with a gentle cycle, max. 90˚F (30˚C).
- Never soak your Merino garments, as this destroys the wool fibers.
- Use only soft spin and do not tumble dry.
- Shape whilst damp and dry flat on a towel.
- Do not dry wool in direct sunlight or close to a heating source.
- For protection against moths, store wool clothing in a sealed plastic bag when not being used.
- We recommend treating your wool garments with environmentally friendly wool conditioner to preserve its softness and ability to absorb moisture.
As our wool has not been treated with a synthetic coating, it may pill.
If pilling occurs, do not despair. This is a natural process where friction causes the short fibers to migrate to the surface.